Today, North Worcestershire Basement Projects is still based in Bromsgrove but now provides support across the whole of Worcestershire to homeless and potentially homeless young people between the ages of 16 and 25. There are two interlinking projects: the Basement Drop-In Service and Outreach Support. These are shaped by and for local young people.
The support provided through the projects:
- Prevents and addresses homelessness
- Provides a family mediation service when needed
- Develops young people’s independence, living skills and confidence
- Supports young people to overcome disadvantage, homelessness and other challenge
- Helps young people to achieve a positive future.
Types of Support
Some young people come to the Basement Project for one-off support, but many young people need longer-term support to address the issues and disadvantages they face. Therefore, as well as providing support in moments of crisis, the Drop-In Service will support young people over several months or years. Our Floating Support Service is for young people in need of more intensive support or support to maintain a new tenancy. We support young people to access services available from other organisations and refer them to other organisations when appropriate.
Some of the organisations we work with regularly include:
- Bromsgrove District Housing Trust
- St Basil’s
- Fry Housing
- NewStarts Furniture Project