Normal opening hours
Monday to Friday: 12:00 (noon) until 4:00PM
From advice and information to a cup of tea and an informal chat, the Basement Drop-in is a must if homelessness is something that affects you, someone you know, or you think it could affect you in the future.
We can also help with any other issues or concerns.
- We’ll give you time, listen carefully and we will explore your options
- We won’t judge you
- What you tell us is confidential (unless you are at risk or someone else is at risk)
- Counsellor and hypnotherapist by appointment – FREE access for clients
- Use our stuff! We have a laundry, a shower and cooking facilities Food and toiletry parcels for young people in need
The Drop-In Centre Support Workers and volunteers support young people by providing:
- Listening – An independent person to speak to
- Paperwork – Help to complete paperwork for benefits/housing
- Support – One-to-one support to develop independent living skills
- Health Issues – Support to identify and address any health issues
- Education – Support to find & secure education
- Life Support – Support to find & secure education / employment / training
The Drop-in Centre is staffed by full-time qualified Support Workers and trained volunteers. The Drop-In Service is a place where young people can access support to address any issues they are facing, including homelessness and issues that arise when moving away from home or care for the first time (e.g. managing money; dealing with debt; accessing benefits); unemployment and health issues (e.g. mental health issues, drug and alcohol misuse).
The Support Workers can also advocate on behalf of young people with housing providers (e.g. local housing authorities) to support them through the housing process or to prevent an eviction.
On a practical level, a young person can take a shower, do some washing and get a meal whilst visiting the Drop-In Centre. The Drop-In Centre offers emergency food/toiletry parcels, too. These items are donated by the local community; local church groups; organisations; supermarkets and individuals.
As well as providing support the basement runs regular workshops to provide young people with various skills. Our workshops our very informal and are fun to do. Go to our list of workshops.
How to find us
We are located in Hanover House opposite Waitrose on Hanover Street, Bromsgrove.